The Microsoft Exchange on-premise installed email service is exposed to the risk of the installed Microsoft email flaw, says Reuters.
The latest batch of rogue apps from the Chrome Web Store have all been traced back to a single, increasingly questionable domain registrar company in Israel that goes by the name GalComm. Over 1000 malicious domains found.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG AND STAY AHEAD IN SECURITY AND PRIVACY
Read the full report by Chromeunboxed
What to do to stay safe?
Please contact your IT support administrator for guidance before installing new Chrome web apps. For help from the professionals, contact us on our website chat or online contact form. We’re always happy to help you!
How to remove MedusaLocker Ransomware and decrypt .readtheinstructions, .decrypme or .encrypted files
We have already deconstructed lots of ransomware like Ouroboros, Ako, NEMTY, and others says, Arthur Lozovsky for Bugfighter. Today, we are topping up our list with MedusaLocker Ransomware. This dreadful software is known to be encrypting the files of innocent users, therefore, making them unretrievable until a ransom is paid. Virus got its name because of the name of the project file, that says: MedusaLocker.pdb. Also, the “Medusa” section is created in the registry. Once installed on a computer, it rapidly blocks off the access to your data by assigning a unique .encrypted or .readtheinstructions or .readinstructions extensions to each file. This way, 1.jpg changes itself to 1.jpg.readtheinstructions. Unfortunately, any manipulations are useless because of the strong cipher that is hard to break manually. When encrypting files, AES encryption will be used to encrypt each file, and then the AES key will be encrypted with the RSA-2048 public key included in the Ransomware executable. Depending on ransomware edition, extensions may also look like .bomber, .boroff, .breakingbad, .locker16, .newlock, .nlocker, and .skynet as well. After successful encryption of data, extortionists add an HTML or text file, called ransom note, that contains the necessary information on how to recover your data. Depending on the version it can be called RECOVER_INSTRUCTIONS.html, INSTRUCTIONS.html, HOW_TO_OPEN_FILES.html or HOW_TO_RECOVER_DATA.html.
All your data are encrypted!
Your files are encrypted, and currently unavailable.
You can check it: all files on you computer has new expansion.
By the way, everything is possible to recover (restore), but you need to buy a unique decryptor.
Otherwise, you never cant return your data.
For purchasing a decryptor contact us by email:
If you will get no answer within 24 hours contact us by our alternate emails:
Its just a business. If we do not do our work and liabilities - nobody will not cooperate with us.
To verify the possibility of the recovery of your files we can decrypted 1 file for free.
Attach 1 file to the letter (no more than 10Mb). Indicate your personal ID on the letter:
041786A32071FD1D5BF472AE737A831C3F0EEABE36F5D5998DB4E8F377*** [всего 1024 знака] Attention!
- Attempts of change files by yourself will result in a loose of data.
- Our e-mail can be blocked over time. Write now, loss of contact with us will result in a loose of data.
- Use any third party software for restoring your data or antivirus solutions will result in a loose of data.
- Decryptors of other users are unique and will not fit your files and use of those will result in a loose of data.
- If you will not cooperate with our service - for us, its does not matter. But you will lose your time and data, cause just we have the private key.
Ransomware developers say that you have to pay a specific fee (varying from user to user) through the Bitcoin to decode the restricted files. After finished, you should contact them via e-mail to notify about the payment. Paying a ransom is not the wisest decision you can make at this point time, because there is no guarantee that they will keep their promise and get your data back. Since there is no real method to check their integrity, you should not be doing this. On the contrary, a better conclusion would be removing this malware from your computer to keep further data safe by following the guide in the article below.
How MedusaLocker Ransomware infected your computer
- Download MedusaLocker Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .readtheinstructions, .decrypme or .encrypted files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like MedusaLocker Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove MedusaLocker Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use WiperSoft AntiSpyware from WiperSoft. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of MedusaLocker Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove MedusaLocker Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of MedusaLocker Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
MedusaLocker Ransomware files:
MedusaLocker Ransomware registry keys:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\ "EnableLinkedConnections" = 1
How to decrypt and restore .readtheinstructions, .decrypme or .encrypted files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .readtheinstructions, .decrypme or .encrypted files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom, because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .readtheinstructions, .decrypme or .encrypted files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with MedusaLocker Ransomware and removed it from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .readtheinstructions, .decrypme or .encrypted files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like MedusaLocker Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use BitDefender Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus vendor BitDefender released free tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as additional shield to your current protection. It will not conflict with bigger security applications. If you are searching complete internet security solution consider upgrading to full version of BitDefender Internet Security 2018.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storages, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives or remote network storages can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. MedusaLocker Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails is most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications, and provides very high level of anti-spam protection.